If you are using Shopify as an ecommerce provider, QLM integrates seamlessly with Shopify 's ordering system. To have Shopify invoke QLM during an order, do the following in the Shopify Control Panel:
Configure the webhook
- Click on the Settings icon in the left hand panel
- Click Notifications
- Locate the Webhooks panel and click "Create webhook"
- In the Event drop down, select "Order payment"
- In the Format drop down, select XML
- In the URL field, enter the URL to your QLM License Server. Example: https://quicklicensemanager.com/qlmdemov10/QlmLicenseServer/qlmservice.asmx/QlmWebHookHandler?is_vendor=shopify
- Click "Save webhook"
Configure your product
- Create a new product or select an existing product
- In the SKU field, enter the following (replace the values as required):
- is_productid = your product id as defined in QLM
- is_majorversion = your product's major version as defined in QLM
- is minorversion = your product's minor version as defined in QLM
- is_qlmversion = 5.0.00
- is_features = semi comma separated list of feature sets and their corresponding values. Example: is_features=0:3;1:1. This means that in feature set 0, features 1 + 2 are enabled and in feature set 1, feature 1 is enabled.
- is_user = As defined in Manage Keys / 3rd Party Extensions
- is_pwd = As defined in Manage Keys / 3rd Party Extensions
- is_emailtemplate = email template to use when sending the email to the user. Email templates can be created from the QLM Management Console / Manage Keys / Email Templates
With the steps above completed, place a test order. When the order is placed, the following will occur:
- A new user will be automatically added to the QLM database based on the information collected during the ordering process.
- An activation key will be created in the QLM database and associated to the user.
- An email will be sent to the user with the order information and activation keys
In order for QLM License Server to send emails, you need configure your SMTP server. Detailed instructions can be found in this article, in the section Configure the QLM License Server to send emails using SMTP.