Quick License Manager is computer bound and can only be installed on one machine per license.
VERY IMPORTANT: After installing QLM on a new system, if you are prompted to upload your products from the new system to the License Server, always answer NO. The new system will typically have the built in demo products and uploading them to the server will delete your products and replace them with the builtin demo products.
To transfer the QLM Management Console to another system:
- Option 1 - if you are using QLM 220.127.116.11 or later
- Uninstall QLM from the current computer using the Control Panel's Add or Remove Programs.
- Install QLM on the new machine but do NOT start it yet.
- Follow the procedure in this article to migrate your settings
- Start QLM
- Activate your license using your activation key.
- If you are prompted to upload products to the server, answer NO.
- After QLM starts up, go to the Manage Keys tab
- Click Sites and select your site
- Click Download Products from the License Server
- Click OK and close the Site editor
Note that if during the upgrade you are prompted to upgrade the Database Schema, you can safely answer Yes.
- Option 2 - if you are using any version earlier than QLM 18.104.22.168 or if the current system where QLM is installed is not operational:
- Deactivate your license on from the QLM Self Help page.
- Install QLM on the new machine and activate it using your activation key.
When uninstalling version 9.x, the wizard says "installing" files.. not uninstalling. At the end, it confirms the uninstall, but during the process, the fact that it says "installing" is a little disorienting.
Article is closed for comments.