QLM can protect a Xojo Windows app.
A Xojo sample can be found in the following folder:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Quick License Manager\Samples\qlmpro\Windows\Xojo
We highly recommend that you familiarize yourself with the sample before protecting your own application.
To protect your Xojo Windows application with QLM:
- Copy the LicenseValidator class from the Xojo sample to your Xojo app
- Copy the following files from C:\Users\Public\Documents\Quick License Manager\Samples\qlmpro\Windows\Xojo folder to your Xojo project.
- Open a command prompt as Administrator (Run As Administrator) and execute register.bat. Make sure the registration is successful before proceeding.
- In the Xojo IDE, click Insert / Active X Component, go to the References tab, locate QlmWrapper.dll, select it and click Ok.
- Locate the InitializeLicense method of the LicenseValidator class and update the following to to match your own product:
- Update all arguments of the call to DefineProduct
- Update the PublicKey
- Update the DefaultWebServiceUrl
- Update the CommunicationEncryptionKey
- When your app starts up, call the ValidateLicenseAtSartup method of the LicenseValidator class.
- If ValidateLicenseAtStartup fails, launch the QLM License Wizard process to prompt the user to enter his Activation Key.
- Right after the QLM License Wizard process returns, call ValidateLicenseAtSartup again. If the call fails, exit your application. If the call succeeds, proceed to launch your application.
Article is closed for comments.