QLM can protect a Xojo Windows app.
A Xojo sample can be found in the following folder:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Quick License Manager\Samples\qlmpro\Windows\Xojo
We highly recommend that you familiarize yourself with the sample before protecting your own application.
To protect your Xojo Windows application with QLM:
- Copy the LicenseValidator class from the Xojo sample to your Xojo app
- Copy the following files from C:\Users\Public\Documents\Quick License Manager\Samples\qlmpro\Windows\Xojo folder to your Xojo project.
- Open a command prompt as Administrator (Run As Administrator) and execute register.bat. Make sure the registration is successful before proceeding.
- In the Xojo IDE, click Insert / Active X Component, go to the References tab, locate QlmWrapper.dll, select it and click Ok.
- Locate the InitializeLicense method of the LicenseValidator class and update the following to to match your own product:
- Update all arguments of the call to DefineProduct
- Update the PublicKey
- Update the DefaultWebServiceUrl
- Update the CommunicationEncryptionKey
- When your app starts up, call the ValidateLicenseAtSartup method of the LicenseValidator class.
- If ValidateLicenseAtStartup fails, launch the QLM License Wizard process to prompt the user to enter his Activation Key.
- Right after the QLM License Wizard process returns, call ValidateLicenseAtSartup again. If the call fails, exit your application. If the call succeeds, proceed to launch your application.