QLM includes 2 distinct sets of APIs.
QLM .NET based API
The QLM .NET API can be used on Windows with multiple programming languages such as VC++, Delphi, VBA (Excel, Access, Office), VB6, VB.NET, C# and much more.
Use of the QLM .NET API requires the .NET Framework on client systems.
The QLM .NET API is divided into several categories:
This API includes all methods that you would call from within your application and that perform license validation locally without contacting the License Server.
This API includes all methods that you would call from within your application and that communicate with the License Server.
This API includes advanced methods that you shoud call from your server or ecommerce platform. This API should never be called from within the application.
This API includes methods that you would call from your application to implement floating licenses.
This API includes methods that you would call from your application to publish Analytics data to the License Server
The REST API is not quite as extensive as the .NET API but covers essential functionality such as:
- Validating a license (ValidateLicenseHttp)
- Activating a license (ValidateLicenseHttp)
- Checking if a license was revoked (ValidateLicenseHttp)
- Deactivating a license (ReleaseLicenseHttp)
- Publishing Analytics (AnalyticsAddInstallHttp, AnalyticsRemoveInstallHttp, AnalyticsUpdateInstallHttp, AnalyticsUpdateLastAccessedDateHttp)
- Getting the latest version (GetLatestVersionHttp)
Use of the QLM REST API does not require the .NET Framework on client systems.