FastSpring's Contextual StoreFront uses webhooks to send order information to external services such as QLM. QLM 9.2+ can process FastSpring's webhook notification and create the required license keys based on the order.
Step 1 - Adding a webhook
- Login to the FP storefront
- On the toolbar, click Integration
- Click Webhooks
- Click "Add Webhook"
- Set the Title to "QLM"
- Set "Get webhooks from:" Live and Test Orders
- Click Add
- Click Add WebHook Url
- In the URL field, enter: https://quicklicensemanager.com/qlmdemov10/qlm/qlmservice.asmx?is_vendor=fastspring&is_user=abc&is_pwd=def
- Update the URL above to point to your License Server. Update the credentials to match the credentials you defined in the QLM Management Console / Manage Keys / eCommerce Providers
- In the Events section, check "order.completed"
- Click Add
Step 2 - Product Configuration
In order to create a license associated to a give product, you must add a FastSpring Fulfillment Action as described below:
- Select your Product in FastSpring
- In the Fulfillment section, click ADD FULFILLMENT
- Check the "Generate a License" radio button, select "Remote Server Request" then click Next
- In the URL field, enter: https://quicklicensemanager.com/qlmdemov10/qlm/qlmservice.asmx/GetActivationKey?is_vendor=fastspring&is_productid=1&is_majorversion=1&is_minorversion=0&is_qlmversion=5.0.00&is_user=abc&is_pwd=def&is_features=0:3&is_licensemodel=permanent
- Update the URL above as required to match your own server and product
- Set the Method to: HTTP POST
- Set the Encoding to: UTF-8
- Set the Output Format to: Single-Line License (Quantity Based)
- Click CREATE
- Next, in the product section below the Fulfillment section, click the MORE dropdown and select Custom Attributes.
- Set the KEY to: webhook_action
- Set the Value to: UpdateUserInformation
- Click Save
This completes the integration with FastSpring New Contextual Storefront.
You can now place a test order and confirm that:
- A license key is property created in QLM that matches the FastSpring order
- Customer Contact Information is automatically created in QLM.
- The email that's sent to the customer includes the License Key that was generated by QLM.