If you are using Paypal for payment processing, you need to configure Paypal's IPN to accept UTF-8 IPN responses. This is required when customer information such as the customer's name or address contain accented characters.
To configure Paypal to handle UTF-8:
- Login to your paypal account
- Click Profile then Profile and Settings
- Click My selling tools
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the More selling tools section and click Paypal button language encoding
- Click More Options
- Set the Encoding to UTF-8
- Set the "Do you want to use the same encoding for data sent from PayPal to you (e.g., IPN, downloadable logs, emails)?" to Yes
- Click Save
Please sign in to leave a comment.