After installing the QLM web service with an MS-Access database, you receive the following error when clicking on the Test button:
Error: ExecuteReader requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.
This message is due to the fact that no Access driver is installed on the system or the incorrect Access driver is installed.
Steps the troubleshoot this issue:
- If you have a 32 bit MS-Access driver installed on your server, configure the web service to run as a 32 bit process. To do so, configure the Quick License Manager Application Pool to run as a 32 bit process as follows:
- If you ran the QlmLicenseServerSetup.exe to install the License Server, the Quick License Manager Application Pool has already been created. If you installed the License Server manually, create an Application Pool called Quick License Manager.
- Edit the Advanced Settings of the Quick License Manager Application Pool and set the Enable 32-bit applications to True.
- If you have a 64 bit MS-Access driver installed, make sure the connectionStrings in your web.config file is using Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0
- If you do not have an MS-Access driver installed, download and install "Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable" from here.