- Verify that SQL Server is configured for "SQL Server and Windows authentication mode". This is done by viewing the properties at the SQL Server level and selecting the Security Node.
- Verify that the user configured to access your database as specified in the web.config is configured at 2 levels:
- At the SQL Server / Security / Logins level
- At the Database / Security / Users level
- Verify that the user at the Database level has the appropriate privileges. To do so:
- Start SQL Server Management Studio
- Locate your Database and expand the node
- Locate the Security node and expand it
- Locate the Users node and expand it
- To create a new user (skip this step if the qlmuser is already created):
- Right mouse click and select New User
- Set the user name to: qlmuser
- Set the Login name to: qlmuser
- Set the following Membership: db_datareader, db_datawriter, db_ddladmin
If you get an error like:
Failed to validate products XML file. Error: ExecuteReader requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.
The issue is most likely a security issue. The steps above should resolve the issue.