When we release minor updates of a specific version of QLM, you typically need to update the QLM Management Console as well as the QLM License Server.
Before you proceed:
- Make a backup of your database
- Make a backup of all the QLM related files on the server
The simplest way to upgrade the QLM License Server is to copy the binary files from the new installation to your server.
More specifically, copy:
For QLM v7 or earlier:
For QLM v8 and QLM v9:
%Public%\Quick License Manager\DeployToServer\QlmWebService\bin
For QLM v10:
%Public%\Quick License Manager\DeployToServer\QlmLicenseServer\bin
to the bin folder on your web server where you installed the QLM License Server.
Additionally, you should update the web.config file as follows:
- Make a copy of the web.config file on the server
- Copy the web.config file from DeployToServer\QlmLicenseServer (or QlmWebService for older versions) to the server
- Edit the web.config and apply all customization you had performed on this file. At a minimum, you should update these settings:
This procedure is only valid for minor upgrades. For major upgrades, refer to the specific procedure outlined for that upgrade. If you are upgrading from QLM 7.2 to QLM 8.0 or from QLM 8 to QLM 9/10, the minor upgrade procedure outlined in this article can be used.
After the minor upgrade is completed, make sure you update the database schema as per the steps below:
- Launch the QLM Management Console
- Go to the Manage Keys tab
- Click the Sites menu item
- Select your site
- Click Upgrade DB Schema
To upgrade QlmCustomerSite v10:
- Copy all the files in %Public%\DeployToServer\QlmCustomerSite to the corresponding folder on your License Server except the ones listed below:
To upgrade QlmPortal v10:
- Copy all the files in %Public%\DeployToServer\QlmPortal to the corresponding folder on your License Server except the ones listed below: