When we release minor updates of a specific version of QLM, you typically need to update the QLM Management Console as well as the QLM License Server.
Before you proceed:
- Make a backup of your database
- Make a backup of all the QLM related files on the server
QLM License Server Upgrade
The simplest way to upgrade the QLM License Server is to copy the binary files from the new installation to your server.
Once you have upgraded the QLM Management Console to the latest version, locate the latest License Server binary files as shown below and copy them to the bin folder on your web server where you installed the QLM License Server.
For QLM v10 and higher:
%Public%\Documents\Quick License Manager\DeployToServer\QlmLicenseServer\bin
For QLM v8 and QLM v9:
%Public%\Documents\Quick License Manager\DeployToServer\QlmWebService\bin
For QLM v7 or earlier:
Additionally, you should update the web.config file as follows:
- Make a copy of the web.config file on the server
- Copy the web.config file from DeployToServer\QlmLicenseServer (or QlmWebService for older versions) to the server
- Edit the web.config and apply all customization you had performed on this file. At a minimum, you should update these settings:
This procedure is only valid for minor upgrades. For major upgrades, refer to the specific procedure outlined for that upgrade. If you are upgrading from QLM 7.2 to QLM 8.0 or from QLM 8 to QLM 9/10, the minor upgrade procedure outlined in this article can be used.
After the minor upgrade is completed, make sure you update the database schema as per the steps below:
- Launch the QLM Management Console
- Go to the Manage Keys tab
- Click the Sites menu item
- Select your site
- Click Upgrade DB Schema
QLM Customer Site Upgrade
- Copy all the files in %Public%\Documents\DeployToServer\QlmCustomerSite to the corresponding folder on your License Server except the ones listed below:
QLM Portal Upgrade
- On your server, make a backup of the QlmPortal\web.config file
- On your server, delete all the files in the QLM Portal folder except the backed up web.config file
- Copy all the files from %Public%\Documents\DeployToServer\QlmPortal" to the corresponding folder on your server
- On your server, edit the new web.config file and update at a minimum the following settings: