QLM's integration with MailChimp enables you to create a list / form in MailChimp and automatically generate trial license keys that are emailed to the end-user upon registration.
The first version of QLM's integration with MailChimp uses WebHooks to interface with the QLM License Server. Note that this is available as of QLM 8.0.15263.2.
To configure MailChimp to integrate with QLM:
- Create a list in MailChimp
- Click Settings and select webHooks
- Set the Webhook URL to (update the URL as well as the arguments to match your site and product)
- Select the subscribes option to: update
- Select the following optionn as needed:
- by a subscriber
- by an account admin
- via the API
- In the web.config file of the QlmCustomerSite project, set the folllowing:
- useThirdPartyRegistrationFields: true
- htmlFormat: true (assuming your email will be formatted as html)
- To configure QLM to send an email with the license key, configure the SMTP server as follows:
- From the QLM Management Console, go to the Manage Keys tab
- Click Sites and select your profile
- Go to the Server Properties tab
- Expand the smtp section and set the all fields
- Click Ok
For details about the qlmregistration.asmx web service, check this article.