When configuring a License Server Site in the QLM Console, you can configure a disaster recovery (DR) site where your data will be replicated. The DR site can take over processing requests should the primary site fail. To configure a DR site, you must:
- Install the QLM License Server on the DR server. Note that the License Server on the DR site must have the same CommunicationEncryptionKey and AdminEncryptionKey as the primary site.
- Install the QLM database on the DR server
- Edit the web service profile in the QLM Console and add a URL to the QLM DR Site.
- Go to the Manage Keys tab
- Click Sites and select your profile
- In the Disaster Recovery Site field, enter the URL to the DR site.
- Click the Test button to verify that the site is reachable.
Once the web service is setup, setup a backup job as described below:
- Go to the Backup tab then click on "Create Backup".
- Enter a name for the backup
- Select the License Server profile associated to your site.
- Set the schedule to Run every 1 day, or as often as required.
- Check the "Auto Restore option"
- Check the "Always Backup Primary Site" option
Once the above steps are completed, all keys stored on the primary site will be replicated to the DR site.