To create a Paypal Buy Now button that connects to QLM, generates a license key and emails it to the customer:
- Login to sandbox.paypal.com (you need to repeat these steps on the real paypal site once you have tested the whole process)
- Cick the Profile menu
- Click My Selling Tools
- First we must enable Instant Payment Notifications (IPN)
- Locate the Instance Payment Notifications entry and click Update
- Set the Notification URL to (update the URL to match your server): https://quicklicensemanager.com/qlmdemov12/qlmlicenseserver/qlmpaypalipn.aspx
- Enable the option to Receive IPN Messages.
- Click Save
Next, we will create the button.
- Locate Paypal buttons in My Selling Tools and click Update
- Click Create new button
- Set the button type to : Buy Now
- Set Item Name to your Product Name
- Set Item ID to any value of your choice
- Set Price to any value of your choice
- Expand Step3: Customize advanced features
- Check the Advanced variables section
- Enter the following in this section (replace values to match your own product): custom=&is_productid=1&is_majorversion=1&is_minorversion=0&is_features=0:1;1:3&is_licensemodel=permanent&is_productname=Demo&is_emailtemplate=Paypal.NewOrder
- Click Save Changes
- On the next page, copy the Website html code and save it in an html file, say paypalqlm.html, on your desktop or website
Testing the Buy Now button
- Open paypalqlm.html and click the Buy Now button
- Follow the steps required to place this test order.
- Within a 2-5 minutes, check the QLM Management Console / Manage Keys tab to confirm that a new license was created
- If no license is created, check the QLM Event Log to diagnose the issue. You can increase the logging level from Manage Keys / Sites / Server Properties / paypal / paypalLoggingLevel. The highest level of logging is 15. You should always restore the loggingLevel to its default value of 3 when done.
You can customize the email template to use when sending an email to the customer. To customize the email template, add the is_emailtemplate argument as shown above. The email template files must be located in the License Server folder, in the same location as the default QlmEmailTemplate.txt template file.
The email template can contain any paypal variable such as %payer_email% or %ProductName%.
As of QLM 9.0.16228.1, the is_emailtemplate argument can be used with templates created in the QLM Management Console / Templates Editor. For example, if you create a template in the QLM Templates Editor called NewOrder, set the is_template as follows: &is_emailtemplate=NewOrder
QLM 9.0.16228.1+ includes 4 Paypal specific templates: Paypal.NewOrder, Paypal.NewSubscription, PayPal.RenewSubscription and Paypal.CancelSubscription.