To test a connection to your SQL Server:
- Create a file on your computer with the extension ".udl". Example: test.udl
- Right-mouse click the file and select Open
- On the Provider tab, select "Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server"
- Go to the Connection tab
- Enter your SQL Server instance name. Example: MyServer\Instance1
- Select "SQL Server Authentication"
- Enter the name of a login user
- Enter the password of the user
- Select the database
- Click Test Connection
Article is closed for comments.