A customer that has purchased multiple node-locked seats of your application may want to reserve some licenses for specific users.
To reserve licenses for specific users in an organization, an administrator (your customer's administrator) must pre-activate licenses for these users. To pre-activate licenses for specific users, the administrator must:
- Determine the Computer ID of each user, depending on the selected licensing binding method.
- Activate the license for that Computer ID
For example, assuming that you have configured the QlmLicense.LicenseBinding to ComputerName, the administrator would need to:
- Get the Computer Name of each system.
- Activate the license for that computer either from the QlmCustomerSite (QLM Self Help) or from the QLM Customer Portal.
Once licenses are assigned, the Administrator could re-assign these licenses by deactivating a license for a specific user and activating it for another. Deactivating a license can be performed from the QlmCustomerSite (QLM Self Help) or from the QLM Customer Portal
When allowing deactivations from the QLM Self Help or the QLM Customer Portal, it is recommended that you implement:
- Server-side license validation
- Require a connection to the server by setting the MaxDaysOffline property.
This will ensure that a deactivated computer is not able to run your application once its license has been reassigned.
Article is closed for comments.