Edition: QLM Pro
Unlike previous versions of QLM, no change is required at the product definition level to implement Cloud Floating Licenses (CFL)
License Wizard Settings File
Unlike previous versions of QLM, no change is required in the License Wizard settings file to implement CFL.
Implement CFL in your Application
To implement CFL in your application, you must perform the regular license key validation, similarly to node-locked licenses and in addition, you must do the following:
- When the application starts up after the license is validated, check out the license
- When the application exits, check-in the license
The QLMProFloatingLicense sample can be used as a reference to add floating license support to your application. The sample is located in the following folder: %Public%\Documents\Quick License Manager\Samples\qlmpro\Windows\DotNet\C#\QlmProFloatingLicense
In the sample, the Checkout/Check-in functionality is implemented in a new class called FloatingLicenseValidator which is a subclass of the LicenseValidator class.
At application startup, you need to:
- Create an instance of the FloatingLicenseValidator class
- Register an event that is fired when an error occurs
- Call the FloatingLicenseValidator.ValidateLicenseAtStartup to validate the license
- If the license is not valid, launch the wizard to activate the license
- If the license is valid, check-out the license
At application exit, you need to:
- Check-in the license.
Create license keys for CFL
To create an Activation Key for a cloud-based floating license:
- Launch the QLM Management Console.
- Go to the Manage Keys tab.
- Click Create Activation Key.
- Set the Number of Activations field to the number of required cloud floating licenses.
- Set the license model to: trial_cloud or subscription_cloud or permanent_cloud
- Set any other property as needed.
- Click OK
- You cannot edit a license and change the license model after the Activation Key is created. If you need to update the license model, you need to create a new Activation Key and set the proper license model at creation time. This is required because the license model value is embedded in the Activation Key.