We've added the ability to limit the number of trials for a given client. Note that this only works for trial licenses that require activation.
To use this feature, you need to upgrade to QLM 7.0.14103.x or higher.
On the web service, you need to configure the following 2 settings as follows:
- Go to the Manage Keys tab
- Click Sites and select your site
- Go to the Server Properties tab
- Set: enforceMaxTrialsWhenActivating: true
- Set: numberOfTrialLicensesAllowedPerClient: -1 (means infinite) or any value >= 0
The feature works as follows: when a client tries to actviate a trial license, we check in the database if another client with the same computerID and computerName has a license (trial or not) already registered. If yes, then the rules are enforced.
- There is a potential for conflict if 2 customers have the same computerID and computerName.
- These settings only take effect if the LicenseModel is "trial"