As your QLM database grows, you may want to consider archiving some license keys that are no longer active. For example, trial keys that have expired are a prime candidate for archival.
When license keys are archived, they are moved from the primary license keys tab (LicenseKeys) to a history table (LicenseKeysHistory). After successful archival, the OrderStatus of an archived license is set to 'Archived'.
To archive license keys:
- Launch the QLM Management Console
- Go to the Manage Keys tab
- Click Archive
- To archive trials, check "Archive Expired Trials" and select the number of days since the license was expired.
- To archive revoked licenses, check "Archive revoked licenses"
- To restrict the scope of the above operations, set a date range for the Order Date.
- Finally, to archive specific rows, select the rows in the grid and then check "Archive Selected Rows"
- Click Test to view the number of affected records
- If the number of records matches your expectations, click Archive.
It is recommended to perform a database backup before archiving large datasets.
Once licenses are archived, they can be selectively unarchived from the Unarchive button.