The QLM License Wizard can be configured to inform your users whether a new version of your application is available and allow them to download your setup program and launch it.
Configure Check for Updates in the QLM License Wizard
In the Protect Your Application wizard, set the following properties:
- QlmShowCheckForUpdates: true
- QlmShowWelcomePage: true
When launching the wizard, add the following argument: /appversion w.x.y.z where w.x.y.z is the version of the application that the user is currently running.
Example: QlmLicenseWizard.exe /settings "my product 1.0.lw.xml" /appversion 126.96.36.199
Publish the latest version of your application to the License server
Every time your release a new version of your application, do the following:
- Go to the Define Products tab
- Select your product
- Go to the Latest Version tab
- Set all the fields on this tab
- Save the new Product
- Go to the Manage Keys tab
- When prompted to upload the products to the server, answer Yes