When you enable the Maintenance Plan option while creating a new Activation Key, QLM will by default set the expiry date of the Maintenance Plan to: Current date + Duration of the Maintenance Plan.
The duration of a maintenance plan can be configured by setting the Server Property options/maintenancePlanPeriodInDays.
In some use cases, such as creating keys in bulk to provide to a 3rd party, you may want to delay the start date of the maintenance plan until the customer activates the license. This can be achieved as follows:
- Launch the QLM Management Console
- Go to the Manage Keys tab
- Click Create Activation Key
- Select the product and any required option
- Enable the Maintenance Plan
- Go to the Advanced tab
- Set the Order Status dropdown to "EInProgress"
- Click Ok
A new Activation Key will be created but the maintenance plan will not be set.
Upon activation, the maintenance plan will be set to: Activation Date + Duration of the Maintenance Plan