If you are using Shopify as an eCommerce provider, QLM integrates seamlessly with Shopify's ordering system. Note that the QLM integration with Shopify does not support subscription-based products.
To have Shopify invoke QLM during an order, do the following in the Shopify Control Panel:
Configure the webhook
- Click on the Settings icon in the left-hand panel
- Click Notifications
- Locate the Webhooks panel and click "Create webhook"
- In the Event drop-down, select "Order payment"
- In the Format drop-down, select XML
- In the URL field, enter the URL to your QLM License Server and append the following to the URL: /QlmWebHookHandler?is_vendor=shopify&is_user=<user>&is_pwd=<pwd>
<user>: As defined in the QLM Management Console / Manage Keys / 3rd Party Extensions
<pwd>: As defined in the QLM Management Console / Manage Keys / 3rd Party Extensions
- Click "Save webhook"
Configure your product
- Create a new product or select an existing product
- In the SKU field, enter the following (replace the values as required):
- is_productid = your product id as defined in QLM
- is_majorversion = your product's major version as defined in QLM
- is minorversion = your product's minor version as defined in QLM
- is_qlmversion = 5.0.00
- is_features = semi comma-separated list of feature sets and their corresponding values. Example: is_features=0:3;1:1. This means that in feature set 0, features 1 + 2 are enabled and in feature set 1, feature 1 is enabled.
- is_user = As defined in Manage Keys / 3rd Party Extensions
- is_pwd = As defined in Manage Keys / 3rd Party Extensions
- is_emailtemplate = email template to use when sending the email to the user. Email templates can be created from the QLM Management Console / Manage Keys / Email Templates
- is_licensemodel = permanent | trial | subscription
With the steps above completed, place a test order. When the order is placed, the following will occur:
- A new user will be automatically added to the QLM database based on the information collected during the ordering process.
- An activation key will be created in the QLM database and associated with the user.
- An email will be sent to the user with the order information and activation keys
In order for QLM License Server to send emails, you need to configure your SMTP server. Detailed instructions can be found in this article, in the section Configure the QLM License Server to send emails using SMTP.
Using Custom Server Property as an SKU
The approach described earlier in this article relies on setting the QLM parameters in the SKU field. Shopify supports a limited number of characters in the SKU field so if the parameters exceed that limit, some will get truncated by Shopify. To address this Shopify limitation, you can define the QLM parameters as a custom Server Property and set the Shopify SKU to the name of the QLM custom Server Property.
To create a custom Server Property:
- Launch the QLM Management Console
- Go to the Manage Keys tab, click Sites then select your Site.
- Go to the Server Properties tab
- Click the + button to add a new server property. A new row should appear at the bottom of the grid.
- In the Name column, enter: ITEM1
- In the Value column, enter (replace the values to match your product): &is_productid=1&is_majorversion=1&is_minorversion=0&is_features=0:1;1:3&is_licensemodel=permanent&is_productname=Demo&is_emailtemplate=Paypal.NewOrder
- Click OK to close the Site Editor
Now in Shopify, set the SKU to ITEM1.
Note that this feature is available as of QLM 10.1.17344.2.