Creates an activation key with an expiry date over the internet.
Note that to call this function, you must update the web.config on the web server as follows:
<setting name="enableGetActivationKey" serializeAs="String">
To invoke this method via a URL:
- is_vendor = One of the supported vendors
- is_productid = your product id as defined in QLM
- is_majorversion = your product's major version as defined in QLM
- is minorversion = your product's minor version as defined in QLM
- is_qlmversion = 5.0.00 or earlier versions
- is_expduration = duration of evaluation version in days.
- is_expdate = date at which the license will expire. The format of the date in is_expdate is based on the dateFormat settings in the License Server config file (web.config). The default format is: YYYY-MM-dd
- is_quantity = the number of licenses to create. Works in conjunction with is_usemultipleactivationskey. Note that when calling this API from one of the supported eCommerce Providers, you do not need to set is_quantity as it is automatically passed from the eCommerce provider to QLM.
When calling GetActivationWithExpiryDate, an expiry date can be set by using the is_expduration or is_expdate argument. For example, to create a license key that expires 31 days after purchase, you have 2 options:
- Use the is_expdate argument such as: &is_expdate="2015-03-01". The generated license will expire on the specified date.
- Use the is_expduration argument such as: &is_expduration=31.
The useDurationToSetExpiryDate setting in the QLM License Server "Server Properties" determines the behavior of the is_expduration argument. When useDurationToSetExpiryDate is true, an expiry date is computed by the License Server based on the order date plus the is_expduration period. For example, if a user purchased a 30 days subscription of your product on January 1st and is_expduration is set to 30, the license will be set to expire on January 31st.
When useDurationToSetExpiryDate is set to false, the generated license key does not have a specific expiry date but rather a duration based license key. This means that the license expiry date is determined the first time the application is executed. For example, if a user purchased a 30 day subscription of your product on January 1st, but then runs your product for the first time on January 15, the 30 day license will only start on January 15.
- is_features: semi comma separated list of feature sets and their corresponding values. Example: is_features=0:3;1:1. This means that in feature set 0, features 1 + 2 are enabled and in feature set 1, feature 1 is enabled.
- is_usemultipleactivationskey: when set to true or not set, if multiple licenses are ordered in the same request, the system returns one activation key for all licenses. When set to false, the system returns one activation key for each ordered license. The default is true. Example: &is_usemultipleactivationskey=true
- is_additionalactivations: add a fixed number of activations to the generated license. Example: is_additionalactivations=2
- is_numberofactivationsperkey: for each generated key, set the number of activations allowed. Example: is_numberofactivationsperkey=3. This argument is only effective when is_usemultipleactivationskey is false.
- is_user: username as defined in the eCommerce Providers section in QLM (Manage Keys / Tools / eCommerce Providers). Example: &is_user=tom
- is_pwd: password as defined in the eCommerce Providers section in QLM (Manage Keys / Tools / eCommerce Providers). Example: &is_pwd=pwd
- is_maintenance_plan: Set this value to 1 to enable the maintenance plan for this license. Example: &is_maintenance_plan=1
- is_maintduration: Set this value to the duration of the maintenance plan. By default, a maintenance plan is 365 days. The default value can be changed in the web.config file of the License Server. Example: &is_maintduration=180
- is_additionalactivations: By default, the number of activations enabled for each generated license key is based on the quantity of licenses purchased. For example, if a customer purchases 3 licenses, they will receive an activation key with 3 activations (is_usemultipleactivationskey must be true). To provide additional activations, set this argument to the number of additional activations that you require. Example: &is_additionalactivations=3
- is_licensemodel: the license model can be one of: permanent | trial | subscription. Example: &is_licensemodel=subscription
- is_affiliateid: the id of the affiliate/reseller associated to the license key