Validates a license key over Http. This API validates and activates a license.
When you call ActivateLicenseByAuthorizationCodeHttp, you must provide the authorization code and the computer identifier (is_pcid). The server does the following:
- Validates the license
- Verifies if the license has not been previously activated
- Activates the license
- Returns the computer key and the set of features that are enabled.
On subsequent calls to ActivateLicenseByAuthorizationCodeHttp, in addition to the previous arguments, you should set the computer key argument using the value returned from the first call. In this instance, the server does the following:
- Validates the license
- Verifies if the license has not been revoked
- Returns the status of the license and the set of features that are enabled.
To invoke this method via a URL:
http://yourserver/yourvirtualdirectory/qlmservice.asmx/ActivateLicenseByAuthorizationCodeHttp?is_authcode=<authorization code>&is_pckey=<computer key>&is_pcid=<computer ID>&is_computer_name=<computer name>&is_qlmversion=<QLM Engine version>&is_email=<email of the customer associated to the key>&is_userdata1=<user data to associate to the key> &is_affiliateid=<affiliate to associate to the key>&is_activate=true|false
- is_authcode= Authorization Code
- is_pckey = If the key has been previously activated, the ValidateLicense method returns a computer key. This computer key should then be used in subsequent calls to ValidateLicense in the is_pckey argument.
- is_pcid = If the license has never been validated, you need to specify a computer identifier so that the returned computer key can be bound to this specific computer. A computer ID can be the name of the computer or any other unique identifier of your choice.
- is computer_name= This argument is not required. It is used to easily identify a computer, in case the computer ID is a serial number such as the hard disk serial number.
- is_qlmversion = Version of the QLM engine. IT can be 5.0.00 or earlier versions.
- is_email = Email address of the customer associated to the license key. This argument is optional.
- is_userdata1 = User data to associate to the license key. This argument is optional.
- is_affiliateid = Affiliate to associate to the license key .This argument is optional.
- is_activate= By default, ValidateLicenseHttp validates the license and activates it if needed. If you just want to validate the license and return information about the license, set the is_activate argument to false. If is_activate is not specified, the default value is true.
- is_writebom = Determines whether the byte-order-mark (BOM) is written in the returned xml fragment. The possible values are: true|false. If no argument is specified, the default value is taken from the License Server's web.config file "writeBOM" setting. The default value is false.
Optional but recommended arguments:
- is_productid: the ID of the product
- is_majorversion: the major version of the product
- is_minorversion: the minor version of the product
Note that the 3 optional arguments above are required if you use the QLM Maintenance Plan feature.