Creates an activation key over the internet.
To call this function, you must set the enableGetActivationKey server property to true.
You should never call this function from within the application. GetActivationKey should be called from systems that cannot be intercepted by your client such as your web site, your own server, your ecommerce provider. It is also highly recommended to enforce the user/pwd authentication when calling this function as described here.
To invoke this method via a URL:
- is_vendor = One of the supported vendors
- is_productid = your product id as defined in QLM
- is_majorversion = your product's major version as defined in QLM
- is minorversion = your product's minor version as defined in QLM
- is_qlmversion = 5.0.00 or earlier versions
- is_quantity = the number of licenses to create. Works in conjunction with is_usemultipleactivationskey. Note that when calling this API from one of the supported eCommerce Providers, you do not need to set is_quantity as it is automatically passed from the eCommerce provider to QLM.
- is_features: semi comma separated list of feature sets and their corresponding values. Example: is_features=0:1;1:2;2:3;3:6.
- is_usemultipleactivationskey: when set to true or not set, if multiple licenses are ordered in the same request, the system returns one activation key for all licenses. When set to false, the system returns one activation key for each ordered license. The default is true. Example: &is_usemultipleactivationskey=true
- is_additionalactivations: add a fixed number of activations to the generated license. Example: is_additionalactivations=2
- is_numberofactivationsperkey: for each generated key, set the number of activations allowed. Example: is_numberofactivationsperkey=3. This argument is only effective when is_usemultipleactivationskey is false.
- is_user: username as defined in the eCommerce Providers section in QLM (Manage Keys / Tools / 3rd Party Extensions or Manage Keys / Tools / eCommerce Providers). Example: &is_user=tom
- is_pwd: password as defined in the eCommerce Providers section in QLM (Manage Keys / Tools / 3rd Party Extensions or Manage Keys / Tools / eCommerce Providers). Example: &is_pwd=pwd
- is_maintenance_plan: Set this value to 1 to enable the maintenance plan for this license. Example: &is_maintenance_plan=1
- is_maintduration: Set this value to the duration of the maintenance plan. By default, a maintenance plan is 365 days. The default value can be changed in the web.config file of the License Server. Example: &is_maintduration=180
- is_additionalactivations: By default, the number of activations enabled for each generated license key is based on the quantity of licenses purchased. For example, if a customer purchases 3 licenses, they will receive an activation key with 3 activations (is_usemultipleactivationskey must be true). To provide additional activations, set this argument to the number of additional activations required.
- is_licensemodel: the license model can be one of: permanent | trial | subscription. Example: &is_licensemodel=subscription
- is_affiliateid: the id of the affiliate/reseller associated to the license key
- is_computertype: specifies the type of the client computer. Possible values are: 0 | 1 | 2 . 0 sets the computer type to 'none'. 1 sets the computer type to 'PC'. 2 sets the computer type to 'VM'.
- is_floating: Set this value to true to create floating licenses. The number of floating seats will be set to the quantity ordered.